Calling All Creatives
Project Proposals are now being accepted!
Deadline: May 31st, 2022
CB Nuit is a magical and inspiring art event in Ktaqamkuk / Newfoundland, nestled on the shore of Elmastukwek / Bay of Islands. That is where you will find Corner Brook, a small community with a beautiful creative spirit. CB Nuit acknowledges that the land on which we gather, create, and celebrate creativity and community is in traditional Mi'kmaw territory. We respect the diverse histories and cultures of the Indigenous people of this province, including the Beothuk, the Mi'kmaq, Innu, and Inuit.
Since 2017, CB Nuit has taken place in downtown Corner Brook, on and near the main commercial street - West Street. The street shuts down allowing large pedestrian audiences the opportunity to experience art and their community in a new way. As they wander through the festival area, they encounter the heart of CB Nuit, where numerous site-specific projects are installed at local businesses and public indoor and outdoor spaces. Now in 2022, as an established hybrid in-person and online festival, CB Nuit explores creativity and collaboration between all art disciplines.
This year, for the first time, we are excited to introduce the theme of ‘Home’ that will connect our featured projects in a cohesive and exciting presentation. This year’s theme is an invitation to think about and respond to what home means to you; how you create spaces of home for yourself and in your community; and how you celebrate home, whether within a place, space, person, or something else all together.
● We invite creatives and makers of any discipline.
● We welcome established and emerging artists, or new applicants to apply regardless of their experience.
● We encourage applicants to propose projects that are completed, works in progress, or not yet realized.
● We encourage applicants to propose projects that are community-focused and participatory in nature.
● We invite artists to experiment and explore unconventional spaces.
● We welcome collaborative and collective/group projects.
● We encourage creators to keep sustainability and accessibility in mind when making.
● We encourage and give priority to local talent including all of the communities of Corner Brook and area.
CB Nuit will support all applicants in the following ways:
● Selected applicants will be paid a professional fee of $750 for completed projects.
● Selected workshop leaders will be paid a professional fee of $328
● Material and technical costs will be considered and remunerated accordingly on a case by case basis, pending funding.
●We encourage successful artists to apply for a travel grant through their provincial funding body and CB Nuit will gladly provide a letter of support.
● Installation and technical support is provided on festival days.
● Our team will do our best to access support for you if there are any language barriers.
● Application assistance is available upon request
● Please indicate any other accessibility needs you may have and we will do our best to support you.
How to apply/things to include in your email package :
1. CV/resume (from the applicants and/or members of a collective.)Optional.
3. Images of your past or previous work connected to your proposed project. Feel free to include sketches or any other images that will help the committee visualize your proposal.
Get in Touch!
Our programming committee is here to help with any questions or concerns you may have. They will be happy to offer support as you prepare to submit a project proposal. An information session will also be available (date TBD) to answer your questions.
Keep an eye on our website and social media for a link to our upcoming information session!
Louise Gauthier, Creative Director
Kelsey Street, Director of Programming